Kriegsgefangenenlager Murnau

Jacobum

Aktives Mitglied
Im "Münchner Merkur" stand ein interessanter Artikel:

Deutschland 1945: Spektakuläre Lager-Bilder

Murnau – Es ist ein sensationeller Fund: In Frankreich hat man alte Fotos entdeckt vom Oflag VII-A, einem Kriegsgefangenenlager in Murnau. Sie zeigen den Lageralltag, die Insassen, ihre Befreiung 1945. Aber wer hat das fotografiert? Eine Spurensuche.

Mehr unter:

Deutschland 1945: Spektakuläre Lager-Bilder entdeckt | Murnau

Ich finde die Fotos beeindruckend. Nicht nur vom Lageralltag, auch von der Befreiung des Lagers durch die Amerikaner und den dabei stattgefundenen Kämpfen.

Das Oflag Murnau war ein Offizierslager, in dem zahlreiche hohe insbesondere polnische Offiziere gefangengehalten wurden. Mannschaftsdienstgrade waren nur für Lagerarbeiten oder zur Bedienung der Offiziere dort.

Über den Verlauf der Befreiung gibt es Informationen.

[SIZE=-1]From: "Michael Ollier (MCQ)" <ollierm@olap.org>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]To: <buczek@mediaone.net>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 4:14 PM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Subject: Murnau - Oflag VII[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]From: "Michael Ollier (MCQ)" <ollierm@olap.org>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Subject: Murnau - Oflag VII[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hi John:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]My Father-in-Law, Aloysius (Albert) Schwark, was in Murnau following the retreat to Warsaw in 1939. He survived and moved to Canada shortly after the war. He met his wife here, settled down and had three children. I married his daughter and now he has 4 grand children. He was born on June 19, 1913. He is in declining health but, typically, in good spirits. He tells me every day is a bonus - a gift from God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]He rarely talks about Murnau but one day he described the liberation and was so moved he had to get up and leave the room.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]He told us that the prisoners could hear the Americans in the town of Murnau driving through with their vehicles. The Camp Officers told the prisoners that they were going to surrender to the Americans as soon as someone drove up from the town.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]All the German personnel and the prisoners arrayed in ranks at the main gate. The Germans were lined up outside with their officers. Two unmarked cars pulled up in front of the gate and some men got out to speak with the Camp's commander. Apparently, the men identified themselves as Gestapo and ordered the Commandant to march the prisoners away from the camp and the Americans in Murnau. There was an argument but the camp commander refused to give the order.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The Gestapo began shooting at the Germans lined up. In the process, several prisoners were hit as well. At that moment, U.S. armoured cars appeared and opened fire on the Gestapo vehicles. My Father-in-Law told me one round practically split one of the cars in two. The Gestapo were killed. The camp was liberated but in tragic circumstances.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Take Care, Mike Ollier[/SIZE]
Quelle:
soldiers2

Zurück
Oben